Charles D. Smith, CPA
Charles D. Smith is an Officer and Principal at The Innovative CPA Group, a dynamic client-centric, full service public accounting firm headquartered in Trumbull, CT, which specializes in providing accounting, tax and consulting services. With over thirty years of experience Charlie has built a solid reputation as an industry leader in real estate and construction accounting. He provides an array of advisory services to businesses and individuals alike.
Sacred Heart University – Fairfield, CT
Bachelor of Science
University of New Haven – New Haven
Connecticut Graduate level tax courses
- Certified Public Accountant, Licensed by the State of Connecticut
- Considered an industry leader in real estate and construction accounting, with additional real-world experience owning and managing real estate properties
- Associated with a number of professional organizations, including the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA), and the Connecticut Apartment Association
- Specializes in financial planning, tax planning, negotiating sales and purchases of businesses on behalf of clients, dispute resolution and mediation in both business and divorce cases, valuations of business interests for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to, real estate properties, buying and selling of businesses, and business analysis leading to economic managerial compensations
- Owns and manages several residential and commercial real estate properties, and frequently advises clients on the valuation, purchase, sale and operation of their properties
Did You Know?
- Charlie is a member of the Supervisory Committee of the G.E. Credit Union and a Governing Authority for Allume
- He is currently a Board Member for TEAM, Inc. in Derby, CT and was previously the President of Ansonia’s Valley YMCA and the Treasurer of Race Brook Country Club